Many other writings on kids' gardening start with what to grow and how to design and build a kids' garden, prepare soil, and plant, but this primer is not just about creating one garden for your kids. It's about taking advantage of "gardening moments" with your kids every week in your own backyard ... and front yard and in the garage and at the windowsill and in the basement ...
Through the seasons there are big projects and little opportunities for gardening with kids that can fit seamlessly into your life. This primer will help you learn to recognize those opportunities and turn your kids'questions into fun discoveries. And you'll get the garden-building basics too!
- Chapter One: Gardening at Every Age
- Chapter Two: What Turns Kids On and Off to Gardening
- Chapter Three: Starting With A Design
- Chapter Four: Growing Garden Structures Kids Love
- Chapter Five: Theme Gardens
- Chapter Six: Plants Kids Love
- Chapter Seven: A Place A Kid Can Call Her Own
- Chapter Eight: Who's Taking Care of This Garden Anyway?
- Chapter Nine: Gardening Safely
- Chapter Ten: So You Don't Have Time & Space For Another Garden?