1. General Browsing Information - If you visit our site to read or download information, we may collect and store the following general information in order to analyze trends, gather broad demographic information, and monitor site traffic patterns that can help us further develop and improve the design and functionality of our site: Your computer's IP address, browser type, and operating system; the date and time you access our site; the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to our site; and the various pages you visit while on our site.
2. Personally Identifiable Information - National Gardening Association does not sell, trade or rent your e-mail address. We will occasionally send offers to our customers on behalf of other trusted businesses, but we do not give those businesses your e-mail address or other personal information. National Gardening Association does not sell or rent your postal address. Occasionally we may exchange the postal addresses of those who input their postal address on our Website and those who are on our customer list to other reputable nonprofit organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you provide us any personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, postal address, or contact information) we may use it within our organization for the purposes of responding to any comments or questions you submit and/or providing follow-up information about our organization. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with other organizations or companies, please let us know by writing to us. We will not provide any of your personally identifiable information to other organizations if you elect to keep your record private.
3. Publicly Sharing Your Comments - NGA often receives information from Website visitors who have successfully participated in our programs and/or used our resources. We may want to publicly share specific comments and stories we receive by posting this information on our Web site. We will not, however, publicly share ANY information we receive on our Website without first receiving the consent of the individual who submitted the information. Furthermore, we will not post information in any way that specifically identifies the sender of that information unless the sender approves it.
4. Children's Information - We do not sell products or offer services to children. We do develop programs for adults that are intended to instill children with an interest in gardening. We will not collect or disseminate any personally identifiable information about children. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
6. Other Security Measures - We provide our visitors with a secure experience when they are making a donation, or buying merchandise. Our technical security measures include using industry standard encryption to secure the transfer of data between your browser and our servers. Although we will use all reasonable means to safeguard the privacy of your personal information, transmissions made via the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure.
7. Ad Servers - In an effort to bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies that we allow to place ads on our web pages. As a result of your visit to our site, ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address, and clickstream information.